Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Radio Ga Ga

To expand further on the radio8ball stuff - On a lark, I decided to ask one of the Nightmare On Elm Street 4 cast if he would be interested in being in Closet Space. This guy actually delivered one of my favorite horror-movie performances in his role in that film, even though he doesn't go crazy and kill anyone, or have a massive death scene. The character just seemed real, and I responded to that.

Anyway, I contacted Andras Jones (aka Rick in NOES4), and he seemed up for at least reading the script. He seemed to like it, and asked me to call ino the radio show last night. To explain:

"KAOS 89.3 FM in Olympia, Washington from 6 to 8PM (PST) on Tuesday nights. ----- People call in with questions. We answer these questions by picking a CD at random, placing it in the CD player and pushing shuffle function. The song which is randomly chosen is the answer to the question. Like drawing a tarot card, throwing the I-Ching or shaking a Magic 8 Ball."


Andras' idea was for me to call in and propose the filmic collaboration to the Radio 8 Ball.


First, Andras asked the Radio8Ball himself (probably thinking that I wussed out):


But little did he know - I was the next in queue.


(FYI - The above files are kind of large and long, because they play the whole song through).

It was a fun way to initiate things, and even if it doesn't work out this time around, I can definitely see us working together in the future. Check out Andras' show on Tuesday if you can (they stream live)...I found it pretty entertaining (and at times, eerily accurate).

Andras, I hope you don't mind me posting about this. I figured we blew our cover last night.

1 comment:

Robb Zipp said...

I remember you meeting him at the Fangoria thing a few years ago. Ah, how time flies. I'll be in Dallas this weekend, as well. Sadly, I won't be able to attend the Frightmare Convention. Would you be interested in meeting for dinner on Friday or Saturday evening?