Tuesday, October 25, 2005

How the Gods Whine

Just got back from seeing Danzig - quite possibly the weakest show that I've ever been to, all told. That guy is the biggest freaking baby, I swear. Glenn cut the show short because he was all in a tizzy about some hecklers in the audience. We got to see about 20 minutes of Danzig material, and then about 20 minutes of the Misfits material set with Doyle. Thank God for that (the only reason I went, really). People were super pissed. Glad I didn't have to pay the 30+ bucks for a ticket.

Sorry, had to vent on that. No wonder Vivian Campbell and that fat guy from North Side Kings knocked Glenn the fuck out. The man is a dick. A diminutive, quasi-evil dick. More to come in my Space City Rock review of the show when it goes up.

Anyway...movie stuff....we shot the "bloody lesbian" scene, and also the "zombie Ben" scene this past weekend. That stuff looks great. I may be totally uprooting some of the movie after we get back and recasting and reshooting some scenes. I'm going to think about that over the honeymoon. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make the movie as good as it can be, and if that means scrapping some mediocre/potentially problematic stuff and going back to the drawing board, then so be it.

I suffered through The Roost last night...it's just another overhyped second-coming of horror movie. Looks like a blind guy shot it, and the "pacing" was nonexistent. Inspired me even more for WC13. If this hack can get a deal off of a piece of crud like that, then I should be winning a freaking Oscar for WC13. Or at least a Chainsaw Award.

In closing, Danzig and The Roost can both suck it.

No comments: