Saturday, March 25, 2006

Manic Compression

I'm spending this weekend in a state of quasi-relaxation to allow my brain and body to catch up to one another after the madness of the last few weeks. Actually, it's been longer than that...this is the first pure down-time that I've had since my honeymoon late last year. But, as is par for the course for me, I'm not fully immersed in laurel-resting. To wit:

After we returned from the mini-tour with Jonah, I dove right back in to Closet Space mode - getting the actors ready to rehearse, securing some locations and materials, getting the shoot dates together, and most importantly finding a digital and practical FX supervisor. I believe that I've found both, and they seem to be on the same page creatively, which of course, is a huge plus. They both are also very enthusiastic about the project - another huge plus. The final plus is that neither of them are flinching about any of the really brutal, gory, rough stuff that I want to do in this movie. We all seem to be sick in the same way, which is great. Now we can begin the design and life-casting process.

We are doing some more location work tomorrow, and then I'm going to start storyboarding and character designs this week. Our go date is May 20, and we are shooting throughout June. I guess I'd better rest while I can.

And by "rest", of course I'm implying that I'm going to see a midnight screening of Cannibal Holocaust tonight. What better way for the House to unwind than to watch an infamous exploitation movie featuring bludgeoning, animal cruelty, rape, genital mutilation, and (of course) cannibals? I tremble in anticipation. Of course, I've seen the movie dozens of times already, but I can't wait to see it on the big screen with a crowd. Should be a blast.

No comments: