Monday, June 19, 2006

Well, the FX portion of the Closet Space shoot is done (with the exception of a few small pick-up shots here and there that I'll oversee), and I must say that I'm very happy with the outcome. Our FX team (Oddtopsy FX out of Tampa, Florida) killed pretty much every single gag and then some - taking the movie to a whole new level. You know it's a good sign when people are getting queasy and retching on set. I feel like I've finally reached the effects zone that I want to be working in, which is gory, practical on-set, dark, disturbing carnage. And then when you plug that into the movie framework as a whole....man, I'm pretty excited about the finished product.

Screenwriter Jason Stewart was on hand for most of the proceedings. Wisely, he kept to himself and let me work my magic. Just kidding Jason. But not really.


I'll attach a few photos from this past "FX weekend", but I can't really post up too many for the sake of the almighty spoiler.

Melanie as Nancy - about to f**k up some extra-dimensional parasite ass.


Marcus of Oddtopsy FX with Morgan as Kristen.


I was going to include a picture of Tim, but he had to split. ba DUMP bum.



Danielle as Monica, after recieving an axe to the neck.



Assistant Director Dave Gabriel, with Marcus and Derek from Oddtopsy FX, preparing the "roadmap of abomination".





Me modeling the first "official" Closet Space t-shirt, which will be available soon on the website. (Front says "Got Tentacles", back has the www.closetspacemovie.com URL).

Don't ask me what I'm holding down around my crotch. It's a secret.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you need me as a line producer, you're just too proud to admit it. Stupid mulatto pride.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Look's cool,I'm a fan of low budget films and there inventivness !!