Thursday, May 18, 2006

We start principal photography on Closet Space tonight (Friday the 19th) at about 9 PM. Of course, I'm going through the usual pre-shoot maelstrom of emotions...but overall I have a good feeling about this production, and I'm really stoked to get some of this sick imagery off of the page and onto the screen.

If everything gels correctly, I will also have the closest thing to a "full" crew than I've ever had the luxury of working with before. It will be nice not having to wear ten hats at once.

We had another cast reading last night, and the vibe was awesome. The principal cast is gelling nicely, and they are all looking forward to digging in to the material. Wow...maybe I'll actually have a positive experience with positive people for once. Who would have thought? Then again...after my "dark college days", spinning my tires in local bands, taking part in stillborn hubris-driven projects (record labels, TV shows), and the general mess and craziness that was/is Witchcraft 13....I guess I was about due for something fun and rewarding. And just as I was about to become a crotchety old scenester. Or...worse yet...a movie critic. (-shudder-)

Marcus (our special FX guy) is hard at work on tentacles as we speak. I can't wait to see them. More importantly, I can' t wait to make them do horrible, vile things on screen.

Guess I better crash...long day ahead. Actually...long month and a half ahead. Here we go again. Of course, I would have it no other way.

No comments: