Monday, August 01, 2005

Cave - In

We went and visited the cave yesterday. It's the Cave Without A Name in Boerne, Texas. The owner was really cool and accomodating, and he seemed willing to work with us and excited about the project. I'm sure he was relieved when we didn't end up being snotty college kids with no respect for property or the nuances of the subterranian biosphere. I'm excited - the place is beautiful, and constantly 65 degrees year round. The only caveat is the roughly 8 and a half stories worth of steps that we have to traverse to get in and out. Going down wasn't that bad, but going back up nearly made me have a heart attack. It's a good thing I plan on resuming my MMA training next week to get into shape for the shoot. Now that I'm de-stressing a little about the movie, I can free my mind (and my time) up just enough to get back into my old routine a bit. The people on my crew are helping me to do that - they probably don't realize it, but they are becoming a well-honed machine of moviemaking efficiency, which takes a hell of a lot of weight off of my shoulders.

This week I'm finalizing the schedule, editing the test footage together, and getting ready for my meeting with the producers in Chicago. Oddly enough, my next project (not counting the Untitled Wolinski Horror Project) seems to be in the gestative stages - again it's not something that I expected, but it IS a horror movie, so that's good enough for me. It will be nice to have the next project in pre-production while I'm doing Witchcraft 13.

No comments: