Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Back and Hating Life Once Again

The Chicago trip was a success. I met with the Brothers Wolinski (Mike and Jeff) all day Saturday on matters regarding Witchcraft 13. They pretty much agreed on all my casting choices, and they also liked the cave location, the guy I've chosen to score the movie, and the effects tests. I could tell that Mike and Jeff were getting excited about everything, and it made me feel pretty good. Now they have tangible proof that their faith in me is not a misguided one.

We also discussed their next project (to be lensed later this year, we hope), and I'm excited about that as well.

Saturday night and Sunday we just basically hung out and had fun - Saturday we went bar-hopping (which was actually fun for my teetotaling ass for once), and Sunday we went to Six Flags Great America, which has to be second only to Magic Mountain as far as pure Six Flags coaster madness goes. Needless to say I had a blast, and I'm very excited about WC13. We have our first crew meeting this Thursday, and I'm in the process of making the official offers to the talent.

Also...this weekend has made me really reconsider the whole "move to Chicago" idea. Aside from the fact that my day to day life down here in H-town gets more wrist-slittingly depressing by the hour, the industry up there is starting to boom (Batman last year, Amityville remake, The Break-Up, Die Hard 4 next year), so that aspect of it is promising, plus I really like the friends that I've made up there, both on a professional and personal level. Maybe I need a change of scenery, or a complete reboot - like the Batman franchise. I guess we'll see what happens after Witchcraft 13.

No comments: