Saturday, July 30, 2005

Post-audition/pre-cave

Holy hell. We did our auditions today from 2 pm until 7 pm, and pretty much ran people through that whole time. I'm pretty wiped out, both mentally and physically. I was actually surprised at the overall quality and talent level today. 95% of the people were good (about 75% were great), and I wish I had enough roles to cast everyone. But, that's not the case, so I pretty much have my picks for the cast after today. My crew was rockin' like Dokken as well - I probably would have committed mass murder/suicide if it wasn't for them. Learning to delegate more. Slowly but surely. Next weekend I head up to the Windy City to run the clips by the other producers. After that we should start locking in the cast and drawing up all the proposals, contracts, riders, etc.

Russell did some rough preliminary "witchcraft" effect test footage. It looks pretty impressive, even at the draft stage. I think it will look pretty cool when all is said and done.

Next, I have to get up at 4 AM tomorrow morning and drive to Boerne to check out the cave location. I'm dedicated to my art, I guess. Either that or I'm totally insane. I'm pining for insanity. At least then I can get a check from the government.

No comments: