Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lounge Act

I was fully prepared to spend today in musical mourning (as I do every year at this time), for one of my greatest influences (musical and otherwise). But lo and behold, my omnipresent contract labor benefactor called me up and asked me to shoot video at the KB Home Homeowner Appreciation Day at Minute Maid Park. It's weird - it's almost as if they know just when to call me to get me out of the financial doldrums.

I've been breaking down the Closet Space script into manageable pieces, while doing some rought thumbnail storyboards and character designs. To help me get into the groove, over the last couple of days I've watched Raging Bull, Nang Nak, The Deadly Spawn, The Innocents, and one of my favorite movies of all time (which is one of the 5 movies responsible for turning me on to the art of cinema) - Streets Of Fire. Walter Hill's actions setpieces kick the living shit out of anything that passes for a "fight scene" in this day and age. Two words. Sledgehammer. Fight.

Come to think of it, Walter Hill is also one of the Alien producers....

No comments: