Sunday, February 12, 2006

In The Valley Of Dying Stars

Got back from my whirlwind excursion to L.A. today - it was a very productive trip, and I also managed to enjoy myself a little bit as well.

Friday afternoon I arrived, went through the usual "pick up the rental car and fight LA traffic" BS, and I met up with Andras Jones in Hollywood (oddly enough, he was staying at Andy Dick's house), and we proceeded to talk a little more in depth about Closet Space. Andras has lots of great ideas about the script and character dynamics, and it gets me really excited about the possiblility of us collaborating on this project.

Plus, he was in A Nightmare On Elm Street 4. So this is still a little surreal to me.

Friday night I met up with Cesar (from Witchcraft 13's opening scene) and Pam B. (who trained me at the Cheesecake Factory back in my table-waiting days...she was also the object of my first and last Chasing Amy-style crush back then) and we had a great time eating chicken and waffles and then selling our souls to the mighty Amoeba.

Saturday, Jason (writer of Closet Space) and I went out and killed some time in the lovely O.C. weather (which of course included my consuming a 4x4 "Animal Style") until we could meet up with Andras again - mainly so that we could pow-wow on the script ideas with Jason present. We sat and talked about things for a while, and generally all got amped up about the project. Andras is also helping us make some connections that have the potential to greatly increase the quality of the movie.

The trip went so well that I didn't once mind waking up at 3 AM to drive into LAX and catch my early Sunday-morning flight. Of course, I slept the whole plane ride home (with the help of the iPod and The Soft Bulletin).

This week will see me trying to get all the ducks in a row to make this project happen the way that I want it to.

1 comment:

Robb Zipp said...

Sounds like an awesome trip, aside from the Andy Dick part. ;-)

Did Jason Stewart write the script for your next movie? Does that mean Pizza Boy will be made next?!