Friday, February 24, 2006

The doer alone learneth. - Freidrich Nietzsche

Preach on, brother Freddie.

It does feel kind of strange wrapping up the Witchcraft stuff - as much as it drives/drove/has driven me crazy, it has been a large part of my life for the last 6 months or so. I guess in a way, I have Closet Space ramping up quickly to quell my cinematic separation anxiety. That, and I don't want to waste another 4 to 5 years between movies.

In hindsight, Witchcraft has paid off in a lot of ways (and it hasn't even hit the market yet) - our Closet Space budget is in large part due to those who were impressed by what we did on WC13. And the enthusiasm seems to be spreading...in the days surrounding the release our CS budget effectively doubled as we gained more interested (and impressed) parties. I always read about things like that happening to producers/directors, but now it's actually happening to me....and it's kind of weird, but also exciting at the same time, of course.

I'm hoping to make some more inroads at the Fango convention next week - I made a shit-ton of connections at the Texas Frightmare Weekend, and Fango is probably the largest convention of that ilk. Plus, the fanboy side of me is looking forward to it as well, especially since we are "vendors" and have heightened access. Witchcraft and Drawing Blood are set to have a table, and Robert Z'Dar (Drawing Blood, Maniac Cop, Tango and Cash), and Zoe Hunter (Witchcraft 13) will be with us to sign autographs and take pictures.

In other news - my other musical identity took over and we had our first full-band practice for the Jonah Matranga shows next month. Things went pretty well - I'm actually a better bassist than I thought I would be, what with not really playing at all the last few months, and only then playing guitar while I was rendering an edit or something. Plus, I only really play bass guitar on our Grey Party demos and recordings (and on the Electric Purgatory teaser trailer theme). At least I won't be the center of attention, so I can creep into a dark corner and rock out at the shows.

No comments: