Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It' s been a while here, but not for lack of activity. I've just been hella busy lately.

First, I had to drive what I hope are the final nails in the coffin for my last project. We'll see where that goes...the producers now have what they want (the complete elements of the movie), and it looks like everyone on this side will get what they want (i.e. payment). Everything is going through escrow, so it will take a week or so. Involved parties will be getting an email with the next step. On a related note, the Project Manager function of Premiere Pro 2.0 is a huge lifesaver. It helped me reassemble and clean up a project that had become pretty unwieldy. It went from about 400 gigabytes to a svelte 70 G's. Nice.

Concurrently with the above, I also had to throw together some Closet Space packets and mini promo DVD's for the American Film Market. We just recently were able to have someone out there to promote and get the word out, so I had to do a rush job, but I think things turned out okay. Hopefully, we can get some sort of response out of that.

Closet Space's own FX guru Marcus Koch is planning his directorial debut next year, and I've been talking to him about coming on as a producer. I definitely have enough experience, but I've never just been a producer, so it should be nice if it all works out.

I've secured tickets for the wife and I to see Evil Dead: The Musical while we are in New York next month. I've heard good things about it, so I'm looking forward to that. This has become our semi-offical anniversary getaway. Evil Dead one day, Texas Is The Reason the next...how could it get any better?

Speaking of Texas Is The Reason, I just got lined up to do a phoner interview with Norman Brannon (nee Arenas) tomorrow for inclusion on the Space City Rock website. Look for that soon, hopefully between now and the date of the show. I'll also be writing up a review of the show for SCR afterwards.


Now that I've exorcized my computer, the Closet Space edit is kicking into overdrive. A new trailer should be out before Thanksgiving, along with our new (and official) poster design courtesy of Mr. Jason Beam. We're also getting our ducks in a row for the San Jose and Chicago Fangoria shows. It's going to be another busy holiday season for the House That Never Sleeps.

No comments: