Friday, September 08, 2006

Well, I'm jumping into the deep end on Monday. I start my first "real" movie gig (by "real" I mean a weekly schedule and drawing a salary, rather than shooting on weekends or whenever time allows for little to no pay...or actually negative pay, for that matter). Not to cheapen the other stuff I've done by any means...but I can actually almost see myself making a living doing horror movies, and that's weird to me. I'm still not positive that I can leak the title and concept, but suffice to say the movie is firmly in the Chainsaw/Last House/Tourist Trap vein.

What's even more interesting is that our Texas movie synchronicity continues...we have three cast members carrying over from Closet Space along with three crew members, and a couple of those cast and crew also worked on Necrophobia. It's like we have our own Texas horror version of the Titanic, Brittanic, and Oceanic now....well, without the hyperbole, I guess. What I'm saying is that it's neat to have sister movies and a solid working core of people from which to draw.

I'm taking the laptop along, so maybe I can steal some moments to finish my long in development scripts. We'll see.

For those of you in the Houston area, Raymond Gayle will be on KPFT 90.1 tonight at 7:30 to talk about Electric Purgatory, which is a documentary that I helped him with. It's good stuff, and the subject matter is very salient to me. I know I've said that 20 or so times here, but I can't stress it enough.

No comments: